Your privacy is important to us. It is Unified Imaging’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://unified-imaging.com, our web app, https://unified.gallery, and other sites we own and operate.
This Policy explains how we use your personal information when we act as a data controller. As far as you use our Services as a natural person, we are the controller of your personal information. We are responsible for, and control, the processing of your personal information.
1. Information We Collect, and How We Collect It
Information That You Provide
We collect personal information from you. The categories of information we collect can include:
- Registration information. We collect personal and/or business information that you provide when you register for an account at the Site. This information may include your name, email address, and password.
- Information collected through the Use of the Service. After registration, you may create, upload or transmit files, documents, data or information as part of your use of the Service (collectively, “User Content”). User Content and any information contained in the User Content, including personal information you may have included, is stored and collected as part of the Service. You have full control of the information included in the User Content.
- Payment information. If you make a purchase or payment on the Site, such as for a subscription, we collect information provided in connection with your purchase or payment, such as your credit card and payment-related information.
- Inquiries and Feedback. If you contact us, we will collect the information that you provide us, such as your contact information and the contents of your communication with us.
You are free to choose which personal information you want to provide to us or whether you want to provide us with personal information at all. However, some information, such as your name, address, payment information and information on your requested Services may be necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations.
Information from Third Parties
We also collect and receive information about you from third parties. For example, when you interact with the Service through third party sites and services, such as when you login using an account or credentials from a third party service, share or export User Content from the Service with third party services, or integrate the Service with third party services (such as your email service so that emails can be shared with the Service), we may receive information from those websites and services. For example, when you login using an account or credentials from a third party service, we may receive information such as your name, email address, access tokens, and other information related to your account with the third party service. When you create, share or export User Content from the Service with third party services, we may receive information such as user names, IP addresses, device identifiers, profile information, contacts, or e-mail addresses. When you integrate the Service with third party services, we may receive information such as user names, IP addresses, device identifiers, profile information, contacts, or e-mail addresses. We also may receive any other information that a third party site or service shares with us (or that you choose to allow it to share with us). The data we receive may depend upon your privacy settings with the site or service, though we do not control those settings or promise they will be effective. You should always review and customize your privacy settings with sites and services before using them in connection with the Service.
Information from Other Sources
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages about products and services that may be of interest to you.
Information That Is Automatically Collected (Cookies and Other Technologies)
We, and our third-party partners, also automatically collect information about you and any computer or device you use to access the Service, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. Some of the information we collect, and ways we collect it, include:
- Cookies When you use or visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies — small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer or device that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, computer, or device. A cookie may also convey other information to us, such as: your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address; unique device identifiers; your browser settings and specification; and information about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, features and functionalities you utilize, how frequently you access the Service, and other actions you take on the Service). Cookies also allow us to track your usage of the Service over time.
- Log Files. We may record log file information each time you access the Service. This information may include information such as: your requests or actions; IP address; browser type; unique device identifiers; information about your computer or device; number of clicks; how you interact with links, features, or functionalities on the Service; and other such information.
- Clear Gifs. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons or pixel tags) which may collect information about you, your computer or device such as: your requests or actions; IP address; unique device identifiers; browser type; information about your computer or device; how you interact with links, features, or functionalities of the Service; information about cookies; all of which can show your Service usage patterns.
- Mobile Device Information. When you access the Service with a mobile device, we may collect and store a unique identifier associated with your device (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google Ad ID, or Windows Advertising ID), or information about your mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, and mobile device operating system brand and model.
We also collect information about the way you use our Service, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our Service, the pages you visit, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, whether you access the Service from multiple devices, and other actions you take on the Service. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service and to understand more about the demographics of our users. We may also work with third party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which attempt to recognize you across multiple devices.
- We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, including Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the sites and to understand more about the demographics of our users. For more information on how Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps, visit: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
We use or may use the data collected through online data collection technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) identify you across multiple devices; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (e) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our Service; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (g) otherwise to plan for and enhance our service.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Service, as some features and services on our Service may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it.
2.How We Use Information
We collect, use, process, combine, retain and store personal information and information that we collect or receive for a variety of purposes, including the following:
- For our business activities, including to operate the Service and to provide you with the features and functionality of the Service;
- To process your payment;
- To communicate with you and respond to your requests, such as to respond to your questions, contact you about changes to the Service, and communicate about account related matters;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as to market to you or offer you with information and updates on our products or services we think that you may be interested in. While we may use your personal information in this manner, please note that we do not use User Content to serve you ads, and we will never share User Content with any third parties for marketing or advertising purposes, unless you have explicitly submitted it to us for that purpose;
- For analytics and research purposes;
- To enforce this Policy, to resolve disputes, to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, and to protect our business interests and the interests and rights of third parties;
- To comply with contractual and legal obligations and requirements;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide personal information; and
- For any other lawful purpose, or other purpose that you consent to.
3.Sharing of Information
We also share, transmit, disclose, grant access to, make available, and provide personal information with and to third parties, including to:
- Service providers, subcontractors, partners, vendors, consultants, and others that help us with any of the purposes noted above or otherwise in this Policy, including by performing services on our behalf such as identifying and serving targeted advertisements, processing payments, sending postal mail, providing back-office services, or measuring site traffic. Such providers include Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Facebook, Mouseflow, Drift, Mailchimp, and Stripe.
- Our affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, and other related companies, all for the purposes noted above or otherwise in this Policy;
- Third parties to respond or comply with, in our sole discretion, a court order, subpoena, law enforcement or other government request (with or without notice to you, in our discretion) under applicable law;
- Buyers, successors, or others in connection with a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us may be among the assets transferred;
- Other third parties with your consent;
- Third parties, in our discretion, to: (i) satisfy any applicable law or regulation, (ii) enforce this Policy, including the investigation of potential violations thereof, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of us, the Service, other Service users, or third parties (including financial loss, or in connection with preventing fraud or illegal activity, and/or to enforce our Terms of Service); and
- Third parties in the aggregate or stripped of personally identifying characteristics (anonymized).
4.Additional Limits on Use of Your Google Information
- The Service will only use access to read user Email, Profile and OpenID data in order to process Single Sign on capabilities (SSO)
- The Service will not transfer this data to others unless doing so is necessary (i) to provide and improve the features of the Service we provide to you, (ii) to comply with applicable law, or (iii) as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets.
- We will not use or transfer this data for serving advertising, including retargeting, personalized, or interest-based advertising.
- We will not allow humans to read this data unless:
- we have your affirmative agreement for specific messages,
- doing so is necessary for security purposes (such as investigating a bug or abuse)
- It is necessary to comply with applicable law,
- The data has been aggregated and anonymized and is used only for our own internal operations purposes.
Our Service’s use of information received, and the Service’s transfer of information to any other app, from Google APIs will adhere to Google’s Limited Use Requirements.
5. Legal bases for processing
We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so.
These legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them, meaning we collect and use your information only where:
- it’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract (for example, when we provide a service you request from us);
- it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (for example, you might consent to us sending you our newsletter); or
- we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
Where you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place).
We don’t keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
6. International transfers of personal information
The personal information we collect is stored and processed in United States, or where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties.
We will ensure that any transfer of personal information from countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries outside the EEA will be protected by appropriate safeguards, for example by using standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission, or the use of binding corporate rules or other legally accepted means.
Where we transfer personal information from a non-EEA country to another country, you acknowledge that third parties in other jurisdictions may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in our jurisdiction. There are risks if any such third party engages in any act or practice that would contravene the data privacy laws in our jurisdiction and this might mean that you will not be able to seek redress under our jurisdiction’s privacy laws.
7. Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. If you ask us to restrict or limit how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our website or products and services.
Access and data portability: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or other easily readable machine format. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal information to another third party.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Notification of data breaches: We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
9. Business transfers
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
10. Limits of our policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
11. Changes to this policy
Unified Imaging Data Controller
This policy is effective as of February 1, 2020.